5 Things You Should Know About Automatic Garage Doors
- Before switching to an automatic garage door, it is important to know the type of garage door you currently have and if it is well balanced.
- Consider what you are looking for in terms of functionality, budget, and features in a garage door system.
- Make sure you have enough space inside your garage to install an automatic garage door system.
- Regularly service your garage door to keep it functioning properly and in good shape.
- Eastern Garage Doors is a company that specializes in automatic garage door installation, services and repairs. They have over 25 years of experience and can help you choose the right automatic garage door system for your home.
Is it time to finally install an automatic garage door? If you’ve been getting by with a manual garage door system, you probably know all too well how annoying it is to have to get out of your car to open your garage door every time you want to enter or exit your garage. It’s even more annoying when the weather is rainy or windy!
One of the biggest benefits of an automatic garage door is the fact that you can open the door at just a touch of a button. But before you switch garage door systems, here are 5 things you should know before you switch to an automatic garage door.
1. What kind of garage door do you have currently?
You already know that you’ve got a manual garage door system but what kind of garage door do you have? Is your garage door a sectional door, a roller door or a tilt door? This information will determine what kind of automatic garage door system you’ll need to install, so it’s crucial to know this information upfront. If you’re unsure, call the team at Eastern Garage Doors.
2. Is your garage door well balanced?
The majority of manual garage door systems rely on counterbalance springs to do the heavy lifting, so it’s really important that these springs are well balanced. If you struggle to open and close your manual garage door, odds are that it’s not correctly balanced. By servicing your garage door regularly, you can avoid this issue. And this will need to be sorted before you install an automatic garage door system.
3. What are you looking for in a garage door?
Are you happy with your garage door and just want to install a motor to open and close it? Or are you after a whole new garage door and garage door system? It’s important to be clear on what you’re looking for in terms of functionality, budget and features. For instance, some garage door systems can be locked electronically and closed automatically. Knowing what you’re after will help to narrow your search for the perfect automatic garage door.
4. Do you have enough space to install an automatic garage door system?
Another thing to consider is the space inside your garage, particularly if you live in an older house. Before you even consider installing an automatic garage door system, make sure you have enough space to fit the system and still drive your car inside the garage.
5. Make sure you service your garage door regularly
Once you’ve had your garage door system installed by the team at Eastern Garage Doors, you’ll want to schedule regular services. Just like your car, your garage door needs regular services to keep it functioning properly and in tip-top shape. If you’re a homeowner based in Melbourne, the team at Eastern Garage Doors would be happy to service or repair your roller, tilt, or sectional automatic garage door.
Choose Eastern Garage Doors for automatic garage door installation, services and repairs
Our friendly team has over 25 years of experience in garage door and garage door systems. We specialise in motors, remotes, installation & repair for doors/gates related to openers – we know what we’re doing!