Wanting to extend the Lifespan of Your New Garage Door
- Everything in your home has a lifespan, including garage doors.
- A high-quality garage door can last many years with proper maintenance and installation.
- Factors such as environment, usage, and maintenance can impact the lifespan of a garage door.
- The average lifespan of a garage door is between 15 and 30 years.
- To extend the lifespan of a garage door, regular servicing and checking the warranty can help.
- Eastern Garage Doors specializes in all garage door service and repairs, including sectional doors, roller doors, tilt doors, garage door openers, counter-weight doors, and gates and gate openers.
Nothing lasts forever – not even your garage door! In fact, everything in your home has a lifespan. From your roof to your hot water unit, your solar panels to your refrigerator, everything has a shelf life, including your garage door.
So if you’re wondering what is the lifespan of a garage door, you’re in the right place. A high-quality garage door should last you many years, decades even, provided that it is well-maintained and has been installed properly.
In this article, we’ll take you through the factors that can influence the lifespan of your garage door, along with some tips on how you can prolong the life of your garage door.
Average lifespan of a new garage door
A typical garage door should last you anywhere between 15 and 30 years. That being said, there are other factors that can contribute to the lifespan of your garage door. Things like the environment, usage and regular garage door maintenance can also impact how long your garage door lasts before you’ll need to replace it.
Let’s take a quick look at how these factors impact the life of your garage door:
- Weather and environment – If you live near the beach or in an area prone to cyclones or extreme weather, you may find that your garage door has a shorter life than usual.
- Usage – Most of us use our garage doors at least twice a day, but if your family is constantly opening your garage door you may find that the springs and parts of the door wear out faster.
- Maintenance – If you don’t take the time to get your garage door serviced regularly, you may find that it doesn’t last as long as it could have.
How to extend the lifespan of your garage door
There’s no real way of knowing exactly how long your garage door will last, however there are some things you can do to ensure your garage door lasts as long as possible!
Here are some practical tips:
- Get your garage door serviced regularly – Just like our cars, garage doors need regular maintenance too to keep them in tip-top condition. It’s a good idea to get your garage door serviced at least every two years and if you identify anything not working how it should to ensure that your garage door is in good working order and any small problems are identified and rectified quickly. Call a professional garage door service company, like the team at Eastern Garage Doors if it’s been a while since you had your garage door serviced.
- Check your garage door’s warranty – it’s important to know your garage door’s warranty and what’s covered underneath the warranty, that way if you have any malfunctioning garage door parts you may be able to get them replaced free of charge as long as the garage door is still in its warranty period.
Extend the lifespan of your garage door with Eastern Garage Doors
We specialise in all garage door service and repairs to: sectional doors, roller doors, tilt doors, garage door openers, counter-weight doors; and gates and gate openers.