Why you should invest in Merlin’s Automatic Door Lock
- Most people think about adding extra locks on doors and windows, but often overlook the garage door, which can be the largest entryway to the home.
- Thieves and trespassers are always looking for vulnerabilities in your home, and leaving the garage door open can put you and your family at risk.
- Investing in Merlin’s automatic door lock for your garage door can provide added security and peace of mind.
- With a Merlin automatic garage door opener installed, when the garage door is closed, the opener will automatically move into the “locked” position, preventing manual opening from the outside.
- MyQ technology allows you to control and monitor your garage door activity through a compatible app, reducing stress and giving you peace of mind.
- Eastern Garage Doors, a Merlin-recognized company, offers upgrading services for garage door systems in Australia.
When it comes to making your home more secure, most people think about adding extra locks on their doors and windows. But what about your garage door? Often the largest entryway to your home can be overlooked.
Thieves and trespassers are always looking for vulnerabilities in your home. That could be an open window, a key left out, or your garage door left open. While we’re all guilty of forgetting to lock the door every now and then, what most people don’t realise is if these behaviours become a habit, you could be putting yourself and your family at risk.
So what’s a savvy homeowner to do? We recommend investing in Merlin’s automatic door lock. This article will explain why.
Introducing Merlin’s automatic door lock for garage doors
Many people assume that if their garage door is closed, that it’s automatically ‘locked’ too, but this simply isn’t the case. Many garage doors can still be opened manually without the use of a garage door remote, and sophisticated burglars know this.
Thankfully, there’s a solution. With a Merlin automatic garage door opener installed, you’ll know that when your garage door is closed, the opener will automatically move into the ‘locked’ position. This means that your garage door cannot be manually opened from the outside once it’s closed.
This provides an added layer of security, giving you peace of mind when you’re out of the home for extended periods of time.
MyQ Technology: extra security and more control
Now that you know why investing in Merlin’s automatic door lock is a good idea, what about those times when you’re out and you can’t remember if you even closed the garage door?
This is where Merlin’s myQ technology comes into play. If you suddenly have a feeling that you may have forgotten to close your garage door when you left your home, there’s no need to rush back and check.
Instead, Merlin gives you more control with the myQ app. Simply login and see if your door is open or closed. If you find that it is open, closing your door is as simple as pressing a button in the app. This reduces unnecessary stress and gives you peace of mind knowing that your home and its contents are safe and secure.
The best part about myQ technology is that it’s compatible with all Merlin automatic garage door openers. This app allows you to observe and control your garage door activity.
You can also leave your keys at home if you want to go out for a morning stroll or exercise in your neighborhood, simply open your garage door through your phone or Apple watch when you get home!
Talk to our team about upgrading your garage door system with Merlin
At Eastern Garage Doors, we’re recognised by Merlin for our dedication and expert knowledge of Merlin accessories, installs and services in Australia, so you can rest easy knowing our technicians are highly qualified.
Talk to our team today about upgrading your garage door system with Merlin technology.